|click to enlarge|
The monarch book is still "in production", meaning that I had a three day delay in completion this week due to a strange "corruption" in one of my photographs. It took that long to get a specific diagnosis. I fixed the problem on Wednesday, 8-30, and had printed proofs by this afternoon, a Friday. But the proofs weren't perfect. In fact I had forgotten to submit the updated file of the cover, and as always I found some things in the interior that needed fixing or improving. The short of it is, I missed my self-imposed September 1 publishing deadline. It takes 24 hours for the printer to review the new files. Now I have to decide if I take a chance and publish tomorrow without having had eyes on a real final, final book. It might be just fine. Otherwise it will take another two or three days to get another proof in hand. I have press releases ready. A few vendors may be ready to order. For now I'll get the book's web page set up at chaoticterrain.com. The migration is still a week or two away from
North Carolina, so the book won't be late.
The peak should be here the last week of September, so we are still in
Great news: A
Here's a profile our handsome fellow: