Monday, June 12, 2017

I'm Not Homeless & I'm Not Poor

A couple weeks ago I tried a sales/marketing experiment using my sign-making and sidewalk-wise communication skills.  I stood out near our local Ingles with the above sign.  In sum, in two hours I gave out five of my short story books and collected $35 in cash and about $15 worth of edible food.  Not terribly profitable, but I’d like to try it downtown Asheville.  I plan to add “I am NOT homeless.” to the sign because a couple people, including a middle school age boy, offered me zip lock bags containing personal hygine supplies, like wipes, a comb, toothbrush etc.  That was embarrassing.  I told them, “Thank you for your kindness, but I'm not homeless and I’m not poor. I’m trying a creative approach to selling my books.”  It's literary busking.

No comments:

Post a Comment